At the moment, I’m helping my boy, Jay Magpantay, with writing his sales letter for his coaching program.
Some people are obsessed with new celebrity scandals.
Others obsess over creating beautiful food.
Me? I geek out over writing stuff in a Google doc designed to sell a product. Yes, I am indeed a giant nerd.
Anyway, I thought it would be fun to show you a simple “checklist” you can use to gut-check your own writing and crank out high-quality content or sales emails to sell your products.
This is by no means an exhaustive list.
It’s not advanced either.
These are just ten simple (and in some cases, the most important) parts to nail in every piece of writing.
Quick note: Because of my obvious bias towards email, the checklist is written with emails in mind. But you can easily apply every part of the list into any piece of writing—for example, blog posts, SoMe posts, podcast episodes, etc.
Here’s the checklist:
1. Is your email entertaining and fun to read?
2. Is your email adding actual value to your reader?
3. Does your subject line make your reader curious enough to open your mail?
4. Have you included a clear CTA (Call to Action)?
5. Is your “from” name correct?
6. Did you run a spell check on both your subject line and body copy?
7. Does every link in your email redirect to the appropriate URL?
8. Are you only selling one thing in your email?
9. Are you using the proper signature at the end?
10. Did your copy get a readability score of either 4, 5, or 6 on the Hemingway App?
There are many more parts to a great piece of content, sure.
But, these ten should help you hit the ground running whenever you’re writing… well, anything.
Okay, that’s enough of that.
If you want to learn how to write sales emails and sales letters that convert or content in general, check out the free online training I’ve put together.
Here’s what you’ll discover:
- How to 2x your sales by using a little-known old-school tv magazine principle in your email marketing
- A $2 billion secret: How top businesses craft mouthwatering sales emails that people love to read
- How to write stories so compelling they immediately draw customers in — even if you’re not a “natural” writer
- How to craft an irresistible and highly converting sales email in less than 29 minutes
- And much more…
Click the link below to get access to the free training: